The Public Health Major curriculum is grounded by an interdisciplinary foundation of orientation and support courses that undergird a framework of core and concentration courses, culminated by intensive experiential learning in the capstone internship experience. Students must complete 14 course units in five categories:
1) Orientation Course (0 unit),
2) Public Health Support Courses (2 units),
3) Public Health Core Courses (6 units),
4) Public Health Concentration and/or Elective Courses (4 units),
5) Capstone Internship (2 units).
- 120 hours of on-site experiential education with an approved public health agency
- May be completed in the Summer, Fall or Spring of Senior year, or some combination thereof with approval
- To the extent possible, student interests will be matched with internship site
- For more information, visit the Student Resource Center at: https://publichealth.tcnj.edu/src/
Due to the emphasis on global health, Public Health majors must complete a second language through the third sequence (101,102 and 103). A natural science course from the options below and a statistics course (STA 115 or STA 215) also are required for the major and Liberal Learning.
The School of Nursing, Health, and Exercise Science on behalf of the Public Health major maintains the right and responsibility to revise content as appropriate in response to changes to accreditation requirements or other professional standards in the field.