The College of New Jersey

Apply     Visit     Give     |     Alumni     Parents     Offices     TCNJ Today     

Registration Q&A

Question 1. I’m an undergraduate student, not in any 4+1 program, can I take graduate level courses?

Answer:

Yes. Any TCNJ undergraduate student can take up to 2 graduate level courses. (Here is the policy) Please fill out the form , sign it and get your advisor’s approval and signature, then email to Public Health Program Assistant at zhaom@tcnj.edu or drop it off to the department office at Trenton Hall 206. Once it is approved, the form will be submitted to R&R, and R&R will enroll you in the graduate level courses. If you would like the course double count to both undergraduate and Graduate, please make sure you marked “undergraduate & graduate credit” in the form.

Question 2. I’m in 4+1 MPH program at TCNJ, how do I register for graduate level courses.

Answer:

You still need to fill out the form before the 5th year, sign it and get your advisor’s approval and signature, then email to Public Health Program Assistant at zhaom@tcnj.edu or drop it off to the department office at Trenton Hall 206. Once it is approved, the form will be submitted to R&R, and R&R will enroll you in the graduate level courses. If you are trying to register for the first semester in your 5th year, please email the courses list to Public Health Program Assistant at zhaom@tcnj.edu and copy your advisor.

Question 3. I would like to do the overload, how do I apply for it?

Answer:

A student who has over a 3.3 GPA and wishes to take more than 4.5 courses/semester is considered an overload. If so, please fill out the academic overload form, email to Public Health Program Assistant at zhaom@tcnj.edu with your academic plan, or drop off to the department office at Trenton Hall 206.

Question 4. The PBH courses I want to enroll are full, how I can get on the waiting list?

Answer:

If any PBH courses you would like to enroll are full, please fill out the survey https://tcnj.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cxc1yXQ81542wGV, once there’s open seats, you will be enrolled based on the order we received the request. Completing this survey form does not guarantee enrollment in any class, first request, first enroll. Please remember, this waiting list only for the PBH courses.

Question 5. I need an override for the courses I would like to register for.

Answer:

If you need any override for the courses you would like to enroll in, please talk with your academic advisor or the instructor who teaches the course, send approval info or email to Public Health Program Assistant at zhaom@tcnj.edu. Your override will process in one business day.

Question 6. I have a hold in my paws account, how do I release it.

Answer:

If you have any Public Health advising holds, please talk with your advisor. Once you advisor confirms to release your hold, either your advisor will release it or email Public Health Program Assistant at zhaom@tcnj.edu with confirmed information. Your hold will be released. Any other kind of hold, please check the related department.

Question 7. If I would like to register for COM courses, how to do it?

Answer:

COM courses do the pre-registration every semester, please pay attention to the department email (publichlt@tcnj.edu) notice. We send the online survey for you to do the pre-registration end of October for Spring semester, and end of March for Fall semester.

Question 8. I am TCNJ student already, can I take courses from other college/ university, then transfer in?

Answer:

It depends. You need to get approval from Department Chair and Academic Evaluator by submit the Course Authorization Form, otherwise you can not transfer the credits in.

Question 9. The course need department consent, How I can enroll in those courses?

Answer:

Any PBH course setup for department consent(such as PBH 300, PBH 220…), Please email Public Health Program Assistant at zhaom@tcnj.edu with your name and Paws ID, we will get you in the list for those course, then enroll you in base on the available seats.

Question 10. I would like to enroll in independent study. What is the procedure?

Answer:

To apply an independent study, please see if you qualify by consulting the Independent Study Policy first, then find a faculty advisor who will sponsor your independent study, complete the independent study enrollment form with your study proposal. Once your instructor sign the form, please email Public Health Program Assistant at zhaom@tcnj or drop off to department office at Trenton Hall room 206. Before you submit it, please check your course unit load for the semester to determine if a request to overload is needed.

TCNJ offers a high-quality, comprehensive, interdisciplinary MPH graduate program.Request Info
+